- Religion is not just one, there are many.
- Spiritual is one.
- Religion is for those who need someone to tell them what to do and want to be guided.
- Spirituality is for those who pay attention to their inner voice.
Paul, a very close friend of mine, sent me this post today but I wanted to share it with you before I disclose my opinion. As a background, let me tell that I respect Paul because he is an intelligent man and amazing human being (son, father, friend) but he is atheist. Nobody is perfect! right?
- Religion has a set of dogmatic rules.
- Spirituality invites us to reason everything, to question everything.
- Religion speaks of a God.
- Spirituality is everything and there, it is in God.
- Religion is human. It is an organization with rules made by man.
- Spirituality is Divine, without human rules.
- Religion is looking for you to believe.
- Spirituality you have to look for it to believe.
- Religion lives in thought.
- Spirituality lives in inner consciousness.
- Religion lives in the past and in the future.
- Spirituality lives in the present.
- Religion promises life after death.
- Spirituality is to find God in our interior during the current life before death.
We are not human beings, who go through a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings, who go through a human experience.
What do you think?